· Making sure the world-building elements are seamlessly woven throughout the story rather than info-dumped (bet you didn’t see that one coming)
· Making sure a specific character’s dialogue is believable and consistent throughout the story
· Making sure the world’s slang/language (has to do with world-building, too) is consistent and makes sense throughout the story
· Smoothing over a particular romance element
· Deepening the main character’s emotion at certain parts of the story
So those are just a few of the things I’m looking for in this multi-pass, and so far they feel manageable. It’s also been a while since I’ve read through the book end to end, so it should be interesting, especially since I recently added in chunks of backstory and incorporated more of the overall world. It’ll be interesting to see how those things are working (or if they’re not). Will let you know how things progress.