Sunday, October 4, 2026

Bizarre Evening Deaths Receives Honorable Mention from LA Indie Horror Fest

I have some nice news about my short horror film Bizarre Evening Deaths.

The film was not selected for the official lineup of this year's LA Indie Horror Fest, but the festival has given it an Honorable Mention, recognizing what they described as its “innovative take on horror.”

The festival also had some particularly kind words about the film's creativity and inventiveness, encouraging me to continue pursuing unusual ideas and keeping my imagination active.

That part actually means quite a bit to me. One of the things I try hardest to do with my films is make something that feels a little different from what I've seen before, rather than simply making another variation on a familiar horror concept. So having a festival specifically recognize that quality is gratifying.

Bizarre Evening Deaths now has an official Honorable Mention laurel from LA Indie Horror Fest, which I'll be adding to the film's promotional materials.

Onward to the next weird thing.



No comments: